This policy covers how Agency treats personal information that it collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Agency products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Agency does not own or control, or to people that Agency does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
Agency collects personal information when you register with Agency, when you use Agency’s products or services, when you visit Agency pages or the pages of certain Agency partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Agency may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register with Agency and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. We collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of products and services that we offer. We automatically receive and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Agency cookie information, and the page you request. We use information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
When a child under age 13 attempts to register with us, we ask that the parent or guardian notify Agency. We will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission. We do not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Media Negotiator may set and access Media Negotiator cookies on your computer. Media Negotiator lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Media Negotiator’ cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices about Cookies
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Media Negotiator products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many Media Negotiator products and services do not require that you accept cookies.
Media Negotiator Practices Regarding Cookies
Media Negotiator uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: Access your information when you “sign in,” so that we can provide you with customized content; Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Media Negotiator services — for example, the local zip code you want to use in Media Negotiator products; Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on Media Negotiator; Assist merchants which Media Negotiator uses to process the items in your shopping cart; Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic; Conduct research to improve Media Negotiator content and services; Require you to re-enter your Media Negotiator password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Media Negotiator Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Media Negotiator pages from time to time. Users can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- Please read below about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
- When you register with Media Negotiator or submit information to Media Negotiator, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human error.
- Media Negotiator keeps your account information active in our user registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your personalization preferences each time you visit Media Negotiator.
- If you ask Media Negotiator to delete your Media Negotiator account, in most cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user registration database in approximately 90 days. This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
- Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
The Media Negotiator computers (called “servers”) that send your web pages and advertising banners process and store an enormous amount of information every day. These computer records are called “log files.” Log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as described above. After this information has been used, it is stored and is inaccessible. Until the information is stored, your Media Negotiator ID may remain in our active server log files.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Media Negotiator Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Media Negotiator uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
Media Negotiator may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Media Negotiator account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us